Welcome to Equine Life Solutions Education Center (ELS-EC)! We’re glad you want to learn more about our center and our programs. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions.
- Equine Life Solutions was founded in 2006.
- Conveniently located on 17-acres at beautiful Holly Farm in Bothell, Washington, just 35 minutes north of Seattle and Bellevue.
Lower School Grade 5
Middle School, Grades 6-8
Upper School, Grades 9-12
Lessons for Life
Since 2006, Equine Life Solutions has been teaching “Lessons for Life” to youth and adults through experiential animal interactions and courses in Horsemanship-to-Leadership. “Lessons for Life” refers to the Critical Life Skills needed to navigate our modern complex world. Technology cannot replace these essential life changing skills.
Critical Life Skills:
|Communicate effectively in personal, academic, and professional interactions using appropriate modalities.
|Critical & Creative Thinking:
|Evaluate pertinent information to reach an informed conclusion in personal, academic, and professional settings.
|Solve personal, academic, and professional problems using disciplinary concepts and frameworks.
|Cultivate healthy working relationships to be effective in personal, academic, and professional life. Demonstrating successful group and team interactions.
|Apply methods of continuous personal, academic, and professional improvement demonstrating behavioral awareness and self-control.
Our teachers have a professional background in a variety of Life Sciences:
|The study of bacteria, especially in relation to medicine and agriculture.
|The study of the chemical substances and processes in living organisms.
|The science of life and living organisms
|The study of plants.
|The study of organisms and their environment.
|The study of the mental process and behavior.
- Facilities: Holly Farm has 17-acres with Little Bear Creek on the east side of the property and designated wetlands to the south.
- Animals: Horses and more horses along with alpacas, a llama, goats, a cow and lots of chickens.
- Curriculum: Integrated and innovative, our curriculum emphasizes group and individual study of the sciences with engagement through experiential and interactive learning.
- Signature programs: Students may choose horseback riding, groundwork training or archery to enrich their experience at the farm.
- Extras: Additional service-related opportunities to learn and assist with animal care.
Students: Our students are highly motivated with a heart and desire for learning in an animal rich environment in a caring atmosphere.
Experiential, dynamic science-based programs that challenge students ethically, academically, artistically, and athletically creates the foundation of ELS-EC. Teachers, students, parents, and staff foster trusting and respectful relationships, enhancing our thriving learning community. Students pursue excellence and seek to become life-long learners and contributors in our local and international communities.
- The school balances challenge and demand with support and encouragement. In a nurturing environment, we cultivate in each student the confidence to experiment, think independently, and work cooperatively with others.
- The school promotes intellectual excitement and inspires students to develop inquisitive and self-directed minds.
- Students acquire tools to discover, analyze, and interpret the world.
- The school encourages students to become reflective citizens concerned with local and global physical, social, cultural, and political environments.
ELS-EC approaches education with a philosophy rooted in ideals and intention, and with academic challenges balanced by support and encouragement. Our purpose reaches beyond knowledge to inspire in students the desire to think, create, and innovate – developing their abilities and desires to educate themselves beyond the limits of formal education and encouraging them to view learning as a life-long endeavor.
We know we’ve succeeded when an ELS-EC student has the confidence to experiment, think independently, and work cooperatively; the tools to discover, analyze, and interpret the world; the sensitivity to be an informed and reflective local and global citizen; and the character to be prepared for success in a college or university commensurate with their interests and abilities.
- The curriculum and admission philosophy fosters an understanding of and a respect for people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- The sciences programs and emphasis on character development prepare students to be successful in colleges and universities commensurate with their interests and abilities.
- The center develops students’ abilities and their desire to educate themselves beyond the limits of their formal education and encourages them to view learning as a life-long endeavor.