What is Equine Life Solutions?
Equine Life Solutions (ELS) offers comprehensive riding and horsemanship programs that promote self-awareness, inspire confidence, provide transformative experiences, and teach transferable skills in a safe, clean, and accepting environment. Our riding and training programs are grounded in the principles of natural horsemanship and are compatible with diverse disciplines, including dressage, western, hunter-jumper, trail riding, and more.
What is the Role?
The ELS Working Student is a paid, full-time position at a top-quality full-care boarding facility. The student has the opportunity both to develop their knowledge of horse health and care, as well as focus on their own horse development skills under the supervision of an experienced professional horse trainer with a background in natural horsemanship, dressage, and western ranch work.
What are the Proposed Tasks?
- 6 hours of horse care (Daily)
- 1.5 hours of horse training support (3 days per week)
- Two 45 min private lessons per week on personal or lesson horse
- Opportunity to be trained further as a riding instructor or assistant horse trainer, according to interest and experience
What is required for a paid facility position?
- Experience handling horses on the ground
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; dependable
- Physically able to complete a typical daily routine (including lifting full buckets, wheelbarrows, etc.)
- Interest in learning about the operations of a top-quality boarding facility
- Willing to commit to 6-month time frame.
What is required for paid horse development position?
- Experience grooming and tacking up
- Confident handling and lunging young or green horses on the ground